It’s been a crazy and unpredictable couple of weeks, so to save time, I’m gonna make a list:
– my Ravellenics project (Color Affection) is very much late, but as of fifteen minutes ago, finally done! And by “done” I mean “cast-off”, because it still needs its ends woven in and a bit of blocking, but still! Belated victory!
(obligatory bathroom-mirror photo)
– two weeks ago one of my uncles died, and I travelled to Belleville for the funeral with my brother. It was incredibly sad, but also a bit heartwarming to see how many people loved my uncle, and then sad again that I didn’t really know him that well. Got to talk to some of my cousins who I never see, and got to meet my late uncle’s adorable alpacas:
– came home in time to receive some Tanis Fiber Arts silk lace yarn from a customer whose winding attempts went awry. (Please note: the TFA lace-weight silk is a surprisingly tricky wind. Consider yourself properly warned!) Spent the next four days NOT knitting my Color Affection due to intensive untangling of this:
– had our latest meetup for the Lakeshore Shawl Knit-Along last Sunday – I haven’t gotten much done on mine on account of aforementioned Color Affection shawl, but others in the KAL are zipping right along and a few have even finished completely! Glenna herself came to visit and join in on the KAL action – check out her blog post for photos from that day here: http://crazyknittinglady.wordpress.com/2012/08/14/whats-the-knitterly-version-of-a-hat-tip/
– just received an awesome order of new books (and some old favourites) for the fall season:
– working on the new fall class schedule and it’s *so* close to being done! We’re offering a couple new classes this fall that I’m really excited about, so stay tuned!
– AND please note that Needles in the Hay will be CLOSED for a summer holiday from Monday August 27th to Monday September 3rd! We’ll be back on Tuesday September 4th, so if you need some knitting for Labour Day weekend (and if it stays cool like this, you might need to WEAR some knitting too!) you’ll have to come in some time next week to stock up!
Have a great weekend everyone!